[Nagiosplug-help] Problem with NRPE

AL Chow (LWHKG-S) al.chow at logwin-logistics.com
Wed Apr 8 08:09:54 CEST 2009

Dear Sir,

           I'm the beginner of using Nagios. I had setup the Monitoring
Server and monitor the health of Windows PC and Server. So, when I try
to monitor the Linux RH 5 by installation NRPE daemon & nagios-plugins.
It is ok to install nagios-plugins, but when I installed
"nrpe-2.8.tar.gz", I found that there is updated version
"nrpe-2.12.tar.gz", so I just wget and install it without uninstall
nrpe-2.8.tar.gz. The problem is when I the following command to do the
testing, the results are:

# netstat -at | grep nrpe

tcp 0 0 *:nrpe *:* LISTEN                        (It is OK)

#/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H localhost

CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.         (It
failure)

Here is my environment of my

Remote Host:

-          nrpe-2.12

-          nagios-plugins-1.4.13

1.       As I know NRPE and nagios-plugin should be compatible with each
other, are they compatible?

2.       How can I solve the problem with "Could not complete SSL
handshake"?

Thanks,
AL Chow

_____________________________

System Administrator | HK, Taiwan & South China

Logwin Air & Ocean Hong Kong Ltd

Suite 2708, Skyline Tower,

39 Wang Kwong Road,

Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong SAR

Tel.  +852-2879 3186

Fax +852-3190 2113

Email: al.chow at logwin-logistics.com

_____________________________

This is an email from Logwin Air & Ocean Hong Kong Ltd.
<http://www.logwin-logistics.com/>.  Its contents are confidential to
the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been
addressed.  It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than this
addressee, nor may it be copied in any way.  If received in error,
please contact Logwin Air & Ocean Hong Kong Ltd. on  +852 2827 8318
quoting the name of sender and the addressee, then delete it from your
system.

Neither Logwin Air & Ocean Hong Kong Ltd. nor the sender accepts any
responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan
attachments (if any).

Please note that Logwin Air & Ocean Hong Kong Ltd. is a private company.
All business is transacted subject to the company standard terms and
conditions of business, a copy of the latest edition of which is
available on request.