[Nagiosplug-help] Nagios Compatibility - Could not complete SSL handshake

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Mon Apr 20 05:46:21 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:26:44AM +0800, AL Chow (LWHKG-S) wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
>             I see and thanks for your quick respond. Because when I
> install nrpe-2.12 with nagios-plugins-1.4.13, it causes an error "
> CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake." If I try this
> command - "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H 127.0.0.1"
That only means that there is some sort of communication problem
between check_nrpe and the NRPE daemon. This oftens happens if
the NRPE daemons is broken -- what happens when you telnet to
the port?

The plugins thenselves don't care, so all you really need to
look at is the check_nrpe command and the NRPE daemon.

-Jason Martin
--
Love is grand. Divorce is twenty grand.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.