[Nagiosplug-help] check_nrpe issue with escaping characters

Philip Manuel phil at zomojo.com
Tue Feb 3 02:24:26 CET 2009

Hi

I'm trying to use nrpe to invoke check_ipmi_sdr. The -s option accepts
"Ambient Temp" as an option. This works nicely on the remote host.

I have nrpe.cfg on the remote machine in this manner

command[check_ipmi]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_ipmi_sdr $ARG1$

I invoke check_nrpe like this:

/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_nrpe -H copper -c check_ipmi -a '-s
Ambient Temp -w 5 -c 10'

However, nrpe just invokes the command with Ambient and not "Ambient
Temp". I have tried to escape ", <space>, escape char all have failed.
How do you tell nrpe to ignore the next character ?

Thanks