[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE: Unable to read output from check_nfsmounts

Rick Garland Rick.Garland at quantum.com
Mon Jul 27 21:21:02 CEST 2009

Hi all:

Running Nagios 3.0.3 on Centos5 server. Have various clients running
NRPE 2.8.1

I am having trouble with check_nfsmounts. If I run directly from command
line it works fine. If I call it using check_nrpe I get the 'NRPE:
Unable to read output' response.

Been searching around and I see posts for sudo, but the permissions are
such that sudo is not required. Plus I did try with sudo anyway. There
is no requiretty in the sudoers.

The permissions on the files and directories are fine, owned and
executable by Nagios.

I can run 'check_nrpe -H <hostname> -c check_users' plus all of my other
custom commands;

check_nrpe -H <hostname> -c check_mem

etc.

It is just the check_nfsmounts that is causing problems at this time.

Anybody else had this problem?

Many thanks

Rick Garland

The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum Corporation. Furthermore, Quantum Corporation is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.