[Nagiosplug-help] check_nfsmounts

Rick Garland rick.garland at quantum.com
Mon Jul 27 21:57:05 CEST 2009

Hi all:

Running Nagios 3.0.3 on CentOS5 server. Have NRPE 2.8.1 on various clients,
mostly HPUX and RH Linux.

Having trouble with check_nfsmounts. If I run from the command line as the
nagios user it works fine. If I try to use check_nrpe -H <hostname> -c
check_nfsmounts I get the dreaded 'NRPE: Unable to read output' response.

I have been searching and found some posts talking about sudo use. I have the
perms set so sudo is not an issue, but for giggles and grins I set it up anyway.
Still, same problem.

The perms and owners of the file and directories are OK. I am able to execute
check_ commands using check_nrpe with no problem.

Anybody else had this problem before?

Many thanks