[Nagiosplug-help] [check_http] loading times too long

Wilfried Wolf Wilfried.Wolf at sandstein.de
Tue Jun 2 12:01:51 CEST 2009

Hello Thomas,

> I would guess your server does not honor the Connection:close header and
>  do a 15-second keep-alive instead. You can have check_http disconnect
> as soon as it receives the headers with the -N (--no-body) switch,
> however you will not be able to check anything in the body.

Very interesting. Adding the -N switch actually speeds it up as you guessed.
Anyhow I do not understand quite well, because also the manual request, i.e. typing

> telnet <server> 80
..
> GET <url> HTTP/1.1
> Host: <host-name>:80
> Connection: close

on the commandline results in a rapid answer. So if it would be the server not honouring the header, this should result in the same 15 seconds delay or am i wrong?

Best regards,

Willi