[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE Plugin on 3.10

Scott Gardner sgardne at uark.edu
Thu Jun 18 17:49:00 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate my Nagios config from one server to another, and
I've run into a bit of a snag. I have several Linux servers I'm
monitoring with the NRPE plugin on my old Nagios box, which is running
Nagios v3.06 under Ubuntu. After copying my configs to the new 3.10
server, I get the error:

(Return code of 127 is out of bounds - plugin may be missing)

This is because the NRPE plugin is not installed, as far as I can
tell. I installed 3.10 following the instructions on this page:

http://www.thedailyadmin.com/2009/03/how-to-install-nagios-on-ubuntu-linux.html

The only real difference is that I'm running Debian, not Ubuntu. I
don't see any way to install NRPE. Am I missing something? Has this
plugin been replaced by something else? Using the package manager
makes me install a different version of Nagios, so I don't want to
start over unless it's absolutely necessary.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Scott Gardner
Network Engineering Team
University IT Services
(479) 575-2901