[Nagiosplug-help] PROBLEM IN INSTALLATION OF NAGIOS PLUGIN

VINEET MITTAL vineetmittal.83 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 13:22:52 CEST 2009

Hello AL,

I already perform all the steps  you have mentioned.

1. modify the /etc/xintetd.d/nrpe  in the remote host

           *only_from         = 127.0.0.1 192.168.1.100  -------------done*

**

2. Add the following entry to /etc/services, save and exit

            Nrpe     5666/tcp            # NRPE   *
--------------------------------done*

3. Type “service xinetd
restart”*-------------------------------------------------done
*

**

*For testing purpose i run     "netstat -at | grep nrpe"*

*It show output         "tcp 0 0 *:nrpe *:* LISTEN"
*

4. Testing the connection by following

            /usr/local/Nagios/libexec/check_nrpe –H 127.0.0.1 *
-----------------done*

**

*After that I got the following error instead of nrpe V.2.xx
*

*
*

*"CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.but after that its
shows an error"  *

*Thanks& Regards*

*Vineet Mittal
*