[Nagiosplug-help] Installing plugin 1.4.14 on CentOS5.3 configure doesn't respond

Michael.OBrien michael.obrien at ul.ie
Fri Nov 20 18:38:21 CET 2009

Hi List users,

I'm trying to install plugings nagios 1.4.14 on centOS5.3 but I can't
seem to get things moving.

I've tried to follow the instructions for installing the plugin's
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/quickstart-fedora.html but when I
run the command

./configure --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-group=nagios

The terminal window doesn't output anything and the command prompt isn't
returned to allow me run make & make install

I read the readme file in the plugin folder and it said to run

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-cgiurl=/nagios/cgi-bin

But that gives me the same lack of response from my terminal window

What am I missing that configure won't error out or show any progress at
all?