[Nagiosplug-help] Installing plugin 1.4.14 on CentOS5.3 configure doesn't respond

Erik Wasser erik.wasser at iquer.net
Mon Nov 23 10:31:13 CET 2009

On Friday 20 November 2009 18:38:21 Michael.OBrien wrote:

> Hi List users,
>
> I'm trying to install plugings nagios 1.4.14 on centOS5.3 but I can't
> seem to get things moving.
>
> I've tried to follow the instructions for installing the plugin's
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/quickstart-fedora.html but when I
> run the command
>
> ./configure --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-group=nagios
>
> The terminal window doesn't output anything and the command prompt isn't
> returned to allow me run make & make install

That's pretty unusual. I've never seen a 'configure' without any output.

I've got 2 ideas:

1) Check if their is a 'config.log' in the directory. Does it have any
content?

2) Do a strace like this: "strace ./configure --with-nagios-user=nagios --
with-nagios-group=nagios". What does it say? It will give you a lot of output
and it's only for the experienced user.

--
So long... Erik