[Nagiosplug-help] help with check_http + string check

Marcel mitsuto at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 21:48:42 CET 2009

I've always used the -u flag with the URI parameter, or URL path.

What happens if you issue the *exact* command defined by nagios?

/path/to/check_http -I <uranus_ip_address> -H uranus -u "
http://uranus/uri/path/to/resource/indicator?query&string=parameters"

If I understand correctly, check_http will connect to <uranus_ip_address>,
then send the "Host: uranus" header, and then request for:

 GET /<parameter of the -u flag> HTTP/1.X

I think you are doing the -u flag parameter with the full URL location,
intead of just the URI path.

Cheers,