[Nagiosplug-help] Monitoring virtual Windows servers via vcenter API?

Troels Arvin troels at arvin.dk
Mon Nov 30 16:52:01 CET 2009

Hello,

Setup: Lots of Windows installations in virtual hosts in an ESX 4 cluster.
I need to monitor free disk space on them all.

Instead of installing SNMP (or special agent software) on all the Windows
guests, I'm thinking that one could use the vcenter (perl/Java) API to
query disk free status of the hosts. Thus, no installation/configuration
on the virtual Windows servers would be needed - the plugin would simply
talk to the vCenter server, instead of communicating to the guests.

But I can't find a plugin which uses the vcenter API to do this.
Has someone had more luck than me?

--
Regards,
Troels Arvin <troels at arvin.dk>