[Nagiosplug-help] SNMP and CPU Loads

Van Plummer vanderbult7 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 30 21:42:30 CET 2009

Afternoon,

    I am using Nagios 3.0.6 on a SLES 11 server.  The check_snmp v2021 (nagios-plugins 1.4.13)

The problem I am having is the "hrProcessorLoad number is randomly changing.  In the example below the 2 might change to a 5 for no apparent reason.  What is causing this to happen?  It is not difficult to do a snmpwalk and find what it has changed to, but it is not practical to always edit the number.  Has anyone else encountered this situation?  Thanks for your help!

     check_command           check_snmp!-C xxx!-o hrProcessorLoad.2

Van