[Nagiosplug-help] check_apt on Debian Lenny

Stephen Vaughan stephenvaughan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 08:26:08 CEST 2009

Yeah it was the one that comes with latest plugins package. It turned out I
just had to increase the timeout for it to work on lenny, whereas etch
didn't need it.

./check_apt -t 20 did the trick.

I created symlinks in /usr/lib:

libssl.so.0.9.7 -> libssl.so.0.9.8
libcrypto.so.0.9.7 -> libcrypto.so.0.9.8

There is a libssl0.9.7 package for etch, it may work on lenny.

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Jon Angliss <jon at netdork.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:26:24 +1000, Stephen Vaughan
> <stephenvaughan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >Not sure if this has been brought up before, the check_apt plugin doesn't
> >appear to work on Debian lenny. It just seems to timeout, I had to link a
> >couple of libraries so that it would run.
> >
> >./check_apt
> >CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 10 seconds
>
> Works just fine here.  When you say you "had to link a couple of
> libraries" does that mean you got it working? If so, how about posting
> which libraries so that other people facing similar issues can try
> your method of resolving?
>
> I'm assuming your check_apt is the one that comes in the 1.4.14
> package? Or are you using a different version?
> --
> Jonathan Angliss
> <jon at netdork.net>

Best Regards,