[Nagiosplug-help] conecting to NRPE running on a non standard port

Edward Blum edward at blumbyte.co.uk
Mon Apr 12 17:44:26 CEST 2010

Hi there,

Searched high and low on the internet for a solution to this.

I currently have 2 linux machines sitting behind 1 ip address, and have
configured both hosts to listen on port 5666. On the router I have
forwarded port 5666 to one and 5667 to the other.

On the monitoring Server I check they have worked with the command

/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H myhost  -p5667

This works fine - How do I put this in to my host / service object
configurations? Ive looked in the manual and cant find where I can set
the NRPE port?

Many thanks

Ed