[Nagiosplug-help] conecting to NRPE running on a non standard port

Philip Marcus pmarcus at factual.com
Mon Apr 12 23:21:43 CEST 2010

Hi Ed,

You'll probably need to add a second NRPE command definition in your
commands.cfg file.
You can hardcode the port value in there.

Conversely, you can customize the existing check_nrpe command definition and
have it pull the port number from your services definition file as one of
the variables.

ex:
commands.cfg

# check nrpe
define command{
        command_name    check_nrpe
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -t 55 -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -c $ARG1$
-p $ARG2$
        }

services.cfg
# NRPE services
define service{
        host_name                   server1
        service_description        Current Load
        check_command           check_nrpe!check_load!5667
        notifications_enabled           1
        }

Hope this makes sense. Good luck!

-P