[Nagiosplug-help] How can I make NDOUtils point to a remote MySQL database?

Volker-Yoblick, Adam avolker at ea.com
Wed Aug 4 22:31:15 CEST 2010

Greetings,

I've got nagios up and running on a RHEL box, and I'd like to start storing information in a MySQL database so we can write some custom queries against the data. Upon researching this, it seems that NDOUtils is the add-on to use.

Reading through the docs for NDOUtils, it seems that you need to have MySQL installed on the nagios server for this to work.

We have a central MySQL database here, but it's on a separate machine. Can NDOUtils use the MySQL DB on the remote machine instead of me having to install MySQL on the RHEL box? If so, how do I set this up (because I don't believe the docs cover this use-case)?

Thanks for your time,

-Adam