[Nagiosplug-help] return message for plugins

David Lee palann at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 21:47:32 CET 2010

Good day!

After looking around Nagios's exchange and various other website, I am
resorted to writing my own plugins.  I took the examples and have my shell
script returning "OK - <some message here>".  "OK" was picked up and
reported in Nagios web interface.  The color was green for my check.  The
message however wasn't.  Am I missing some kind of flag to report "messages"
in service or command.cfg?

Another thing, I have in my possession Apress book on Nagios 2.0.  How much
is that out of date in the current 3.0 version?

Thanks,
David