[Nagiosplug-help] check_http with proxy/port

Frost, Mark {PBG} mark.frost1 at pepsi.com
Mon Jan 25 23:24:40 CET 2010

Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the check_http plugin (I'm looking at 1.4.13 and 1.4.14) does not allow you to specify a port for a proxy host to do a check.

That is, I think you can specify a proxy host by using the -I argument as in

check_http -H foo.bar.com -I proxyhost -u /

but you can't say

check_http -H foo.bar.com -I proxyhost:9000 -u /

If you were to specify a port with -p as in

check_http -H foo.bar.com -I proxyhost -p 9000 -u /

it's my understanding that that indicates the port on the host to be tested (the -H host), not the host we want to use as a proxy.

Am I missing something?  I'd be surprised that this functionality is missing as I can't imagine I'm the first one needing this.

Thanks!

Mark