[Nagiosplug-help] check_http with proxy/port

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jan 26 00:42:22 CET 2010

On Jan 25, 2010, at 5:02 PM, "Frost, Mark {PBG}"
<mark.frost1 at pepsi.com> wrote:

> Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the check_http plugin (I'm
> looking at 1.4.13 and 1.4.14) does not allow you to specify a port
> for a proxy host to do a check

It does. I test a half dozen sites through 16 different proxies using
check_http.

> If you were to specify a port with -p as in
>
> check_http -H foo.bar.com -I proxyhost -p 9000 -u /

I can't verify for a few hours but this looks right to me. Should be
easy to TAFO though. I expect you can find several examples posted by
me to nagios-users by googling for 'nagios-users check_http proxy'.

--
Marc