[Nagiosplug-help] check_http with proxy/port

Frost, Mark {PBG} mark.frost1 at pepsi.com
Tue Jan 26 04:05:42 CET 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Powell [mailto:marc at ena.com]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 6:42 PM
To: Nagios Plugin Help List
Subject: Re: [Nagiosplug-help] check_http with proxy/port

On Jan 25, 2010, at 5:02 PM, "Frost, Mark {PBG}"

<mark.frost1 at pepsi.com> wrote:

> Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the check_http plugin (I'm

> looking at 1.4.13 and 1.4.14) does not allow you to specify a port

> for a proxy host to do a check

It does. I test a half dozen sites through 16 different proxies using

check_http.

Interesting.  I thought I tried this combination earlier today and it did not work.  I wouldn't think it would matter, but what if I was using this combination to check an HTTPS site?

So then you're saying that the -p (port) option really does tell it to change the port that the proxy (-I) uses?

> If you were to specify a port with -p as in

> check_http -H foo.bar.com -I proxyhost -p 9000 -u /

I can't verify for a few hours but this looks right to me. Should be

easy to TAFO though. I expect you can find several examples posted by

me to nagios-users by googling for 'nagios-users check_http proxy'.

--

Marc

Thanks, Marc.

Mark