[Nagiosplug-help] Front End / Migration Question

Ton Voon ton.voon at opsera.com
Sat Jul 3 21:38:16 CEST 2010

On 3 Jul 2010, at 17:11, Bob Farrell wrote:

> We currently have a Nagios 3 setup the traditional way as outlined
> in the install docs. I have worked with Cacti, Orion, etc., but has
> been awhile and was wondering if there was any new open source
> developments in obtaining an install that can graph, report, auto
> discover network via snmp, but most importantly allow our junior
> admins the ability to make config changes, additions via a gui
> rather than VI. Is there also any type of migration tool, or would
> we have to start fresh.

You may want to take a look at Opsview, our open source monitoring
based on Nagios: http://opsview.com

Configuration via web UI, distributed monitoring, automatic graphing,
interactive javascript graphs, SNMP support. There's the ability to
delegate configuration of a subset of hosts to separate individuals on
a per slave or host group basis for your junior admins, and all
changes tracked through our audit logs (with simple recovery if they
screw it up!). Installs via apt, yum or solaris packages.

Disclaimer: I'm the product architect :)