[Nagiosplug-help] localhost check results shows up in remote server's data

Bill Schoolcraft billschoolcraft at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 22:43:33 CEST 2010

Hello Family,

Must be missing something obvious, but obviously not catching it :(

(Ubuntu) localhost = 192.168.1.55

(CentOS-5.4) Remote Linux server = 192.168.1.8

In my graphical Nagios screen (Service Status Details For All Hosts) certain details from the Nagios (localhost) shows up in the remote linux server display.

I have copied the (default ubuntu file)

cp localhost_nagios2.cfg remote-server.cfg

and then edited the latter with an absolute ipaddr.  I see two distinct hosts in the panel, both the localhost and remote-server -- but both show the same "Current_Users" + "Current_Load" + "Total_Processes" data but the HTTP check is unique with only the localhost showing success.

Thanks in advance