[Nagiosplug-help] help

lists lists at catsnest.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 12:22:49 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Catia <katisaiyuki at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a problem at the step 7 of the quickstart . I have acomputer with
> Ubuntu version and when I type this command >>
>                    /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v
> /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
>
> I get this error >>
>          Error in configuration file '/usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg' -
> Line 465 (Check result path is not a valid directory)
>    Error processing main config file!
>
> So I checked the file but i couldn't find anything that looked wrong. I also
> looked on the Internet forums but nothing.
> so please could you help me it is really urgent for my work I need to
> understand how it works before getting there
>

>From the config file:
========================
# CHECK RESULT PATH
# This is directory where Nagios stores the results of host and
# service checks that have not yet been processed.
#
# Note: Make sure that only one instance of Nagios has access
# to this directory!

check_result_path=

Verify that that path exists and is writeable by the nagios user...

Ritchie,
--
<-- http://23.me.uk/2 -->
<--Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.  -->