[Nagiosplug-help] event handler not running

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Fri Feb 4 01:17:40 CET 2011

> define service {
> use generic-service
> host_name mikel2
> service_description SSH
> event_handler my_eventhandler!$SERVICESTATE$ $STATETYPE$ $SERVICEATTEMPT$

What is "STATETYPE"?                            ^^^^^^^^^

> check_command check_nrpe!check_ssh
> }
>
> it shows in nagios event log that it tries to run the event handler:
> [02-03-2011 16:57:58] SERVICE EVENT HANDLER:
> mikel2;SSH;OK;HARD;3;my_eventhandler!OK $STATETYPE$ 3

This is a dead giveaway - Nagios doesn't know what STATETYPE is
either.

Check the available macros again - I think you probably want either
HOSTSTATETYPE or SERVICESTATETYPE.  :)

Benny

--
"Hairy ape nads."        -- Colleen, playing Neverwinter Nights