[Nagiosplug-help] event handler not running

Mike Loud mike.loud at comandsolutions.com
Fri Feb 4 15:54:12 CET 2011

Benny,

Thank you, I fixed that and now I am no longer getting the error, everything
APPEARS with no errors, however the small script on the remote side is not
executing. The event log shows:

Feb  4 09:42:37 nagios nagios: SERVICE EVENT HANDLER:
mikel2;SSH;CRITICAL;SOFT;2;my_eventhandler!CRITICAL SOFT 2

and on the remote machine if I su - nagios and run the script it runs fine.
It is just a small echo script into a file, Im searching as much as I can
for a reason why, but it now looks like everything should be working I would
think, but the script just doesn’t execute. Any thoughts or things I can
check to point me in a direction? I am going to keep reasearching. Thanks
again for your help.

Mike