[Nagiosplug-help] question about failing check

lists lists at catsnest.co.uk
Thu Feb 24 11:23:10 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 3:00 AM, Mike Loud
<mike.loud at comandsolutions.com> wrote:
> Benny,
>
> Is there a way to change the interval of the check if it fails the first
> time though? If it fails, instead of waiting another 5 minutes to check
> again, can the check run in 10 seconds? For example, if apache doesn’t
> respond, check again in 10 seconds to make sure it isn't just a network lag
> or hiccup, and if that fails then execute the event handler? From my
> understanding, the failure count can be set but the check interval is a
> constant, or am I wrong on that? Thank you for the reply.

Maybe

retry_interval: 	This directive is used to define the number of "time
units" to wait before scheduling a re-check of the service. Services
are rescheduled at the retry interval when they have changed to a
non-OK state. Once the service has been retried max_check_attempts
times without a change in its status, it will revert to being
scheduled at its "normal" rate as defined by the check_interval value.
Unless you've changed the interval_length directive from the default
value of 60, this number will mean minutes. More information on this
value can be found in the check scheduling documentation.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/nagioscore/3/en/objectdefinitions.html#service

Ritchie,
--
Fnord...