[Nagiosplug-help] General Question

Todd Perdue tperdue at medben.com
Mon Jan 17 20:29:04 CET 2011

Sorry if this question is trivial.  I am new to this and limited with
Linux.

I currently have Nagios 3.2.1 running and I am confused on the plugins.
I have downloaded and run the install.  However if I try to use the
check_hpjd or one like it, I get an error code 127 that the plugin may
not be installed.  Now when I look at the libexec folder in
/usr/local/nagios/ directory I do not see the plugin there.  My
windows.cfg file and localhost.cfg work fine.  If I try to enable the
example other than ping in the printer.cfg or the switch.cfg, I get the
same error.  It seems that the plugins are not installed correctly.  I
can find the plugins directory in the download area of /root, but the
check_hpjd is check_hpjd.c so I am not sure what I am doing wrong and
would appreciate any help you can give me.   It has to be something
simple.

ISO 9001 CERTIFIED

Todd Perdue
Technical Services Supervisor

MedBen
www.medben.com

1975 Tamarack Rd.
P.O. Box 1009
Newark, OH 43058-1009

(800) 423-3151, Ext. 395
(740) 522-7395
(740) 522-5002 fax

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including all accompanying
documents, contains information which is confidential, privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure under law. The information is
intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the
recipient of this e-mail is not the designated recipient or the employee
or agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the designated
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, review, disclosure,
copying, distribution, alteration or manipulation of this e-mail or its
contents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail from your computer
system immediately.