[Nagiosplug-help] General Question

Tony Yarusso tyarusso at nagios.com
Tue Jan 18 16:27:00 CET 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 14:29 -0500, Todd Perdue wrote:
> It seems that the plugins are not installed correctly.  I can find the
> plugins directory in the download area of /root, but the check_hpjd is
> check_hpjd.c so I am not sure what I am doing wrong and would
> appreciate any help you can give me.   It has to be something simple.

Files ending in a .c extension are source code files for programs
written in the C language.  To get from that to the executable file that
you want, you will need to compile them.  If you're following the Fedora
Quickstart guide
(http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/quickstart-fedora.html) , this
is step #6.

--