[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE over ssl

Mike Loud mike.loud at comandsolutions.com
Wed Jan 26 23:19:15 CET 2011

I was trying to configure the NRPE plugin over SSL and I believe after reading for a while through some articles I have it. I configured the plugin both on the server and remote host using ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/bin/openssl --with-ssl-lib=/usr/lib. After doing that everything past that went fine, so I assume it worked? My question is, if it did work, how can I confirm that it is actually communicating securely over ssl? I have looked everywhere and unless I am missing something I cant see how to check. Any advise is appreciated. Thank you.

Mike