[Nagiosplug-help] vmware check with nagios

Jason Lee leejm_ca at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 21:58:54 CET 2011

Hi Andreas,

I use the Nagios Exchange plugin: check_esx3 to obtain an overall health status on our global vSphere 4.1 ESX hosts (NIC, CPU, Disk I/O, RAM, Health and connected local and SAN storage space status).   Using this plugin I didn't have to install anything on my ESX servers.   It took me a while to get this script to work but it does everything I need.   In addition, to use the check_esx script I did need to create a file on my Nagios host with the ESX login credentials.  My Nagios host is locked down securely and very limited people have access to it.

http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Operating-Systems/%2A-Virtual-Environments/VMWare/check_esx3/details

This plugin may address your needs.

Thanks,

Jason