How to submit a patch for check_flexlm

Holger Weiß holger at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 5 11:58:39 CET 2015

* <bbenedetto at goodyear.com> [2015-02-03 13:38]:
> I don't speak git and it seems overkill to check out the whole
> repo just to add a few lines to a single script.  (As I said, I
> don't speak git so this may be trivially easy.  If so, just let
> me know, please. :-)

I guess the first steps with Git aren't completely trivial, but given
how ubiquitous it is these days, it you might consider this a good case
to try out the typical GitHub workflow :-)  They provide good
documentation:

	https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo/

At first glance, it might seem overkill to you indeed; but that workflow
becomes really easy once you get used to it a bit, and it has some
advantages over dealing with plain patches.  For example, it's a good
way of including commit messages and author information with the patch,
which makes our (maintainer's) life much easier.

Holger