The check_dns Plugin not installed

Werner Flamme werner.flamme at ufz.de
Wed Oct 25 15:30:16 CEST 2017

Jay Dwivedi [21.10.2017 16:31]:
> Dear Team,
>
> ​I have installed #yum install -y bind-utils plugin, package is installed
> successfully with no error.
>
> But in* /usr/local/nagios/libexec* directory there is no check_dns showing.
>
> kindly assist me for the same. I'm awaiting for your support.

This is a mailing list, not a support team :)

I don't know which distro you're using, I guess RedHat or Centos, but on
SLES there is a package called monitoring-plugins-dns (and another one
named nagios-monitoring-plugins-dns) that will provide the check_dns plugin.

However, in SLES the plugins are located in /usr/lib/nagios/plugins, and
not in a libexec directory.

Maybe you try to find a similar plugin by using "yum search dns" on your
host? After install, you can copy the check_dns executable to any
directory you want (or set a symlink).

Werner