The check_dns Plugin not installed

zep zgreenfelder at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 16:00:10 CEST 2017

On 10/25/2017 09:30 AM, Werner Flamme wrote:
> Jay Dwivedi [21.10.2017 16:31]:
>> Dear Team,
>>
>> ​I have installed #yum install -y bind-utils plugin, package is installed
>> successfully with no error.
>>
>> But in* /usr/local/nagios/libexec* directory there is no check_dns showing.
>>
>> kindly assist me for the same. I'm awaiting for your support.
>>

> This is a mailing list, not a support team :)
>
> I don't know which distro you're using, I guess RedHat or Centos, but on
> SLES there is a package called monitoring-plugins-dns (and another one
> named nagios-monitoring-plugins-dns) that will provide the check_dns plugin.
>
> However, in SLES the plugins are located in /usr/lib/nagios/plugins, and
> not in a libexec directory.
>
> Maybe you try to find a similar plugin by using "yum search dns" on your
> host? After install, you can copy the check_dns executable to any
> directory you want (or set a symlink).
>
> Werner

fwiw, in centos (6, at least.  it could have changed in 7, but I
wouldn't expect that), the path is "/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins".  I'd
guess, given the /usr/local portion of the path means that Jay is using
src distribution (e.g. downloading the .tar.gz from nagios directly).
so he's probably missing the plugins file.   oddly, I can't seem to
locate it at all right now :/   even the OSE version of nagios is
eluding me.

--
public gpg key id: 0x5B8147CB