check_disk executable bit needed even if running as root

David.Rabel2 at debeka.de David.Rabel2 at debeka.de
Wed Oct 16 11:03:24 CEST 2019

Hello,

i have a question regarding the behaviour of check_disk. It needs
executable bit set on the parent directory of the filesystem that is
checked. Normally I'd understand that, because you need the executable
bit to read a folders content.

But if I run check_disk as root, it still seems to be the same. I don't
understand that behaviour, since root user shouldn't need the executable
bit to access a folderd content.

Do we allways need the executable bit? Why is this the case.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
   David

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

David Rabel

--
David Rabel

Debeka Krankenversicherungsverein a. G.
Debeka Lebensversicherungsverein a. G.
Debeka Allgemeine Versicherung AG
Debeka Pensionskasse AG
Debeka Bausparkasse AG

Abteilung Platform as a Service (IM/P)
56058 Koblenz

Telefon: (02 61) 4 98 - 6028
Telefax: (02 61) 4 98 - 5201

E-Mail: David.Rabel2 at debeka.de
Internet: www.debeka.de

Besuchen Sie uns auch in sozialen Netzwerken.
Unsere Adressen finden Sie hier: www.debeka.de/socialmedia

Pflichtangaben der Debeka-Unternehmen
gemäß § 35a GmbHG / § 80 AktG: www.debeka.de/pflichtangaben