[Nagiosplug-help] Checking for a process

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Thu Jan 30 04:11:01 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 05:47, Voon, Ton wrote:
> David,
>
> I'm looking at the help now and I don't fully understand it either:

I wrote it, so blame goes to me.

1) range refers to range of acceptable values, anything outside the
range generates an error

2) range is specified min:max

3) if you specify max:min, then everything inside the range is critical.

When I first created the concept of ranges (for check_snmp, IIRC) there
seemed a strong reason that you had to specify the acceptable range in
default usage. I don't remember the logic. Perhaps it only survives in
long-lost archives.

Of course, changing now would be rather painful anyway, so it's probably
moot.

Anyway, the help text tries to say items 1 thru 3 above. Can the list
suggest improvements?