[Nagiosplug-help] check_dhcp: Error: Could not bind socket to interface eth0. Check your privileges...

Ira Harkness ira at mse.ufl.edu
Mon Jun 30 10:28:07 CEST 2003

I get this error on the "Service Detail" screen: Error: Could not bind
socket to interface eth0. Check your privileges...

I realize that since it is a port under 1024 that "check_dhcp" needs root
ownership to work. I thought I achived this because of the information shown
below.

A "ls -al" returns

-rwxrwxrwx    1 root     root        23135 Jun 25 10:40 check_dhcp

I noticed that some of the check's such as check_ftp were linked to
check_tcp. Is there a need for me to link these? I just basically need exact
instructions on what to do.

Thank you!