[Nagiosplug-help] Error: Could not interpret output from ping command

Tom DE BLENDE (GCC) Tom.DeBlende at dhl.com
Fri Aug 13 00:03:11 CEST 2004

Sand Philipp wrote:

>Maybe you should do check_ping --help and learn about using the plugin
>;)

I've been working with Nagios and previously Netsaint for a few years
now and have contributed some plugins myself. I do know how to use
plugins, and believe it or not, I do know what to expect when I add --help.

>A right way to execute the plugin would be something like that:
>
>#./check_ping -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -w 600.0,100% -c 800.0,100% -p 5

If you like...

[root at gcclo77 libexec]# ./check_ping -H d3178oc1 -w 600.0,100% -c
800.0,100% -p 5
/bin/ping -n -U -c 5 d3178oc1
Error: Could not interpret output from ping command

The very same problem. Funny that... As I said before: this error ONLY
occurs when the host is down. So maybe I'm doing something right...

Tom