[Nagiosplug-help] Fail to telnet NRPE port (5666)

Guy Waugh gwaugh at scu.edu.au
Wed May 18 18:23:02 CEST 2005

eugene wrote:
> Guy,
>
> Thank You for the help :)
>
> Unfortunately I still get this while i use the below command in Nagios
> server
>
> ./check_nrpe -H 10.1.8.248 -c check_load -a 5 6
> CHECK_NRPE: Error - Could not complete SSL handshake.

 From memory, I got this a bit when I first set up NRPE. It basically
gives this error if check_nrpe on the Nagios server can't get a response
from NRPE on the remote server.

Just a thought: Have you set up the nagios user on the remote host? This
is necessary, as this user is specified in your /etc/xinetd.d/nrpe file...

If you have already set up the nagios user on the remote host, have you
tried executing the check_load plugin on the remote host as the nagios user?

> Do you have any idea? What are the documentation you refer to previously
> when u setup NRPE plugin?
> Can i have it please?

I was referring to the Nagios and Nagios Plugins documentation, i.e. how
you set up Nagios and the plugins.

Regards,
Guy.

> Regards,