Antwort: Re: [Nagiosplug-help] Tracking down pthread/check_dns problem on CentOS4 w/ 1.4.2 plugins.

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Wed Nov 30 01:49:02 CET 2005

On 30 Nov 2005, at 08:51, srunschke at abit.de wrote:

> I's suggest just making it a ./configure option, like
> configure --enable-redhat-pthread-workaround. Especially as
> there are loads of different RedHat derivates out there and
> some people might even compile their own kernel (for whatever
> reason) breaking the naming conventions of RedHat. And then
> there are people who already have a patched kernel and don't
> want that fix running ;)

That's a good idea. So by default ./configure will run the test if
the uname matches, otherwise will respect the --enable or --disable
options.

> Maybe make configure print out a warning when it thinks it
> detected a redhat system, that --enable-redhat-pthread-workaround
> "might" be a good idea.

I think that's the default case.

Do you have a bug id I can reference in the code?

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725