[Nagiosplug-help] error regarding sys/mount.h during configure

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Tue Feb 14 05:08:01 CET 2006

On 14 Feb 2006, at 12:41, Kai Krebber wrote:

> Hi!
>

> Just about to install nagios 2.0 and nagios plugins 1.4.2 on my
> FreeBSD 6 box and encountered the following output from the
> configure-script:
>

> :
>
> checking sys/mount.h presence... yes
>
> configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: present but cannot be compiled
>
> configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h:     check for missing prerequisite
> headers?
>
> configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: see the Autoconf documentation
>
> configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
> Compiled"
>
> configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
> result
>
> configure: WARNING: sys/mount.h: in the future, the compiler will
> take precedence
>
> configure: WARNING:     ##
> ----------------------------------------- ##
>
> configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to the nagios-plugins
> lists.  ##
>
> configure: WARNING:     ##
> ----------------------------------------- ##
>
> checking for sys/mount.h... yes
>
> :
>

> Not sure about the implications yet – I’m just following orders….;-)

Kai,

This seems to suggest it is something to do with dependencies when
using various headers: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-autoconf/
2003-08/msg00142.html.

The plugins use the code from coreutils 5.2.1. Can you try and
compile 5.2.1 from http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/coreutils/ on your
FreeBSD box?

It maybe that we need to update to a newer version of coreutils to
support FreeBSD 6.

Ton

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243