[Nagiosplug-help] Commands to be ran on windows machines remotely for Nagios

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Wed Jan 17 06:09:52 CET 2007

I think I get what you're talking about, but it's not an easy thing.

What you want is to join your Linux monitoring box into a Windows domain
and then use a Windows account with proper access rights (ex Domain
Admins) on the Linux box to connect to a share of the form
\\SERVER_NAME\x$ where "x" is the drive letter you want to access.

It's certainly doable, but I don't think the work required is really
worth it, and especially since it may considerably slow down some
operations on your Linux server.

Thomas