[Nagiosplug-help] IIS Load and throughput

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Thu Oct 4 14:13:42 CEST 2007

Mark Thomas wrote:
> Hi list
>
> Looking for a plugin to check on the load and traffic throughput of an IIS server.
>
> Our current monitor - Sitescope - monitors the following plus total load:-
>
> Bytes Sent/sec
> Bytes Received/sec
> Bytes Total/sec
> Current Anonymous Users
> Maximum Connections
> Get Requests/sec
> Post Requests/sec
> Bytes Sent/sec
> Bytes Received/sec
> Bytes Total/sec
> Current Anonymous Users
> Current Connections
> Maximum Connections
> Get Requests/sec
> Post Requests/sec
>
> Is there anything for nagios that can get the same info, ideally using snmp.

If sitescope gets this using SNMP, then nagios can too. It won't work if it's
obtained by some sitescope-specific SNMP daemon that you remove when removing
sitescope.

Otherwise this data should be obtainable as performance counters, so nsclient++
or some similar agent software will be able to report it to Nagios through use
of the check_nt plugin.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se