[Nagiosplug-help] Help in accessing jnrpe plugins

Arul Anand S P arulanandsp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 09:21:39 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I am new to nagios and we are implementing Nagios to one of our clients.

I have only 1 Linux box, so I installed both the Nagios plugin and NRPE
daemon on the same machine.

I had also installed the JNRPE plugins on the same machine.

When I execute the command "*java -jar jnrpe.jar -c conf.xml -h EXEC*"

The description shows the sample invocation as given below

*Example invocation:*

*./check_nrpe -n -H myjnrpeserver -c check_disk -a 'c:!70!80'*

But when I execute the command */usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -n -H
127.0.0.1 -c check_disk -a 'c:!70!80'*, I am getting the below error

*CHECK_NRPE: Error receiving data from daemon.*

Also help me, how to configure the java plugin as a service in nagios.

Thanks,

Arul

--
With Regards,