[Nagiosplug-help] check_snmp question

Jessica Kohlbecker JKohlbecker at orcc.com
Fri Jun 20 21:24:51 CEST 2008

I am really new to the SNMP scene and I've tried googling this but
because I don't totally understand what I am looking at, I am not sure
how to google it.

I am setting up check_snmp to work with a snmp monitor (basically
monitoring a monitoring server) and I finally got the correct command to
get a response, but I have no idea what is normal ranges to add it to
the warning and critical thresholds...

Here is an example:

-sh-3.1$ ./check_snmp -H 172.20.20.60 -o .(OID String) -C public -P 2c
-w 50 -c 1

SNMP CRITICAL - *9483* | iso.(OID String)=9483

Now I randomly picked numbers for the critical and warning Thresholds,
however what is a more realistic number?  Or better yet, how do I
determine that number?

Jessica Kohlbecker

Systems Administrator

Online Resources Corporation

BTS IT Services

4795 Meadow Wood Lane

Suite 300

Chantilly, VA 20151

703-653-2231

www.orcc.com <http://www.orcc.com>

For internal requests please open a Track-It ticket at:

http://helpdesk.orcc.com <http://helpdesk.orcc.com>

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

The information contained in this message or any attachments to this message are intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material as well as being protected from disclosure.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact us immediately and delete the material from any computer.

Thank You.