[Nagiosplug-help] Service Status Details output filtering?

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Mon Aug 7 23:59:09 CEST 2006

Chris,

You'll probably get more replies at nagios-users, rather than the
plugins list :)

We use a URL like: http://nagios.server/nagios/cgi-bin/status.cgi?
host=all&style=summary&servicestatustypes=28&serviceprops=10250

This lists host/service problems which are not in scheduled downtime
& not acknowledged & is not flapping & notifications enabled.
Operators use this view to see what are the outstanding problems.

See include/cgiutils.h in the Host and Service Filter Properties
section for how to create the serviceprops value.

BTW, this number is different between Nagios 1 and Nagios 2.

Ton

On 7 Aug 2006, at 14:19, Chris wrote:

> Hi
>
> We use Nagios to monitor all our hosts etc... As sysadmin we go on
> standby to attend to problems after hours.
>
> In our organisation, we have another team, called operators, using
> Nagios to monitor our environment, they call the standby
> person if a critical alarm is raised on nagios. The process is for
> the operator is to acknowledge the critical event and add a comment
> etc...
>
> The problem comes that acknowledged events still gets displayed in
> the Service Status Details screen. This makes it difficult for the
> operator
> to recognise new critical events, or the standby person gets called
> over and over for events allready acknowledged.
>
> We have another team with us that builds solutions in out
> environment, They have been pushing for hobbit to be implemented as
> monitoring tool in our environment. I have put a valiant fight
> against their intensions, purely for the reason that I trust nagios
> more and
> on numerous occasions I proved nagios to be way more effective with
> the monitoring results, but these guys still persist. Their latest
> argument
> is that with hobbit a critical service can be acknowledged and it
> will not display in the problem view screen.
>
> I tried so far unsuccessfully to do add a acknowledged next to
> critical in the Service Status Totals table on the Service Status
> Totals screen,
> this way you can still view the acknowledged problems and new
> critical problems that may happen, maybe even add another column
> for services
> scheduled for downtime,
>
> Maybe there is a better solution someone can tell me about that
> allready been developed.

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725